Multiformat HDBT DaisyChain Transceiver
The new Kindermann Quickselect 3.0+ offers simple “daisy chaining” of multiple AV user connections for switching of, e.g. laptops, in typical conference room environments.
Using a daisy chain cabling topology allows for variable room layouts and flexible positioning of tables.
The solution is the right choice for scalable room sizes or in cases, when later expansion of the AV system might be considered.
Simple operation: automatic, button-press or via AV control system
Each unit in the chain includes a “ShowMe” button for simple one-button operation. Alternatively, the active input is detected automatically to show your laptop content on the main screen or display. In addition to that a complete chain of modules can be controlled from a central point via an AV control system using either keypad or touch panel.
Installation and setup is also straightforward using standard category cables (Cat-6/7) and automatic or manual address/ID selection of each module. Each transceiver module provides 2 x HDMI and 1x VGA/Audio source inputs – to allow one or two participants to connect.
Input source selection is either performed automatically or can be done manually. The interconnection between two successive transceiver modules in the chain is made via HDBT transmission technology using standard category cables. Up to 32 modules can be put in a single chain with interconnections of up to 100m distance in between.
Each transceiver also features a local HDMI output which can be used to show a local preview picture of the participant’s PCs or allows the content on the main screen to be mirrored to the local monitors.
The last transceiver in the chain is connected to the main projector or display via its HDMI output port. Furthermore, the HDBT interconnection signal can also be fed directly into a compatible display device. Finally each Quickselect 3.0+ module has the ability to route Ethernet signals and features an RJ-45 Ethernet port, to provide a wired network connection for every participant.
New with Quickselect 3.0+
- Chain or ring topology, for simultaneous output on all user connections, e.g. in IT training rooms
- Display Power Control function, for automatic power-on/off switching of one or multiple display devices upon input signal detection. An individual timeout can be configured.
- Simplified Quick-Setup with Auto-EDID for HDMI and HDBT signal output
- Audio-only function
- Auto Show-Me function
Quickselect 3.0+ features
- 1 x HDBT input and 1x HDBT output
for signal interconnection between modules in the chain
- HDBT transmission distanc
up to 100 m using Cat-6 or Cat-7 cable, uncompressed, zero latency
for up to 32 modules in chain or ring topology
- Supports HDMI 1.4a resolutions
up to 4K Ultra-HD @ 30Hz (4:4:4) or 4K Ultra-HD @ 60Hz (4:2:0), including 1080p and WUXGA (1920 x 1200), 3D compatible
- HDCP 2.0 compliant
for playback of encrypted content
- Enhanced EDID management
To ensure perfect HDMI picture quality
- Front USB port
5 V/2 A for charging smartphones, tablets etc.
- Flexible control options
Automatic switching, ShowMe button on the front plate, external contact closure or AV control system
- Individual contact closure inputs
with LED feedback for direct selection of 2 x HDMI, VGA/Audio
- Additional ShowMe contact closure input
with LED feedback for sequential toggling of active inputs
- RS232 pass-through
for projector/display control from an external control system’s RS232
- Compact enclosure
For unobtrusive under-desk installation
Daisy-chaining of desks without cable mess
Kindermann Quickselect 3.0+ is the right solution for all room types that require flexible seating options, combined with multi-input AV connections for each participant. Unpleasant cable clutter and tripping hazards, caused by cables running across the floor, are now a thing of the past.
Up to 32 Quickselect 3.0+ modules can be put in a chain for flexible room layouts and for later expansion.
Examples for flexible table setups
Front connections diagram of Quickselect 3.0
Rear connections diagram of Quickselect 3.0
Typical AV application setup, wired in daisy-chain topology
Quickselect 3.0 control options
Typical IT training room application setup, wired in ring topology
Wall connection system for standard socket frames
Wall installation system for an elegant integration of HDBT into standard double-gang socket frames of German resp. European manufacturers.
Adapter frames for cutout sizes 50 x 50, 54 x 54 and 55 x 55 mm are included in the package.
Our HDBT system supports PoC, i. e. only one power supply is required for each set consisting of sender and receiver, no matter if the sender or receiver is connected with the power supply.
You can choose between a low-priced mobile power supply with a plug or a practical in-wall solution.
- HDMI transmission via HDBT up to 70 m
- Additional Cat-6 GenderChanger for network (separate wiring required)
- Supports HDCP, EDID and HDMI 1.4, 3D & 4K x 2K
- PoC - only one power supply for sender and receiver
Transmitter for floor boxes
The HDBT transmitters are also offered for the use in floor boxes in two different sizes - GB2 and GB3.
In addition the module holders can be fitted with 2 full-size resp. 4 half-size adapter plates of the Konnect alu 50 programme.
The Konnect design click Multishare 21 wall-plate is a compact multi-format HDBT transmitter for 2-gang switch boxes
It allows to transmit HDMI, VGA and audio signals as well as control commands via a single CAT-6/7 cable up to a distance of 70 m to a compatible HDBT receiver without signal loss. Any connected active signal source is detected and selected automatically or can be switched via a button press.
Konnect design Multishare 21 HDBT can also power up/down the connected display device via RS232 upon detection of an active input signal. The wall-plate can be powered locally or from the remote receiver side.
Recommended HDBT Receiver: Kindermann 7488 000 066
- Inputs: 1 HDMI, 1 VGA / 3,5 mm audio
- Output: HDBT
- Transmission distance: up to 70 m at Full HD/WUXGA resolution or 40 m at 4K@30Hz via Cat-6/7 installation cable
- Supports HDMI 1.4a, 4Kx2K (30 Hz)
- HDCP 1.4 compliant, 3D compatible
- Supports VGA signals up to WUXGA (1920 x 1200@60 Hz)
- Advanced EDID Management: Passthrough, predefined EDID, manually captured EDID, (for both VGA and HDMI)
- Control options: automatic source selection, front button, RS232, contact closure with LED feedback
- Power supply either via local PSU 24 VDC / 1A (optional) or via PoC/PoH using a compatible receiver
- Dimensions: 103 x 52 x 40 mm (WxHxD)